SAIC Electrical Engineer in Aurora, CO in AURORA, Colorado
For information about SAIC’s benefits, please visit https://jobs.saic.com/pages/employee-benefits
SAIC is seeking an Electrical Engineer to support our mission in Aurora, CO.
This position pays $95,000 to $115,000 based on total years experience and other factors such as certifications, education and specific industry experience
The ideal candidate will act as a subject matter expert (SME) and advisor to leadership and peers on critical infrastructure assets/components related to Facility Power Production, Backup Systems and Medium/Low Distribution systems. The candidate will provide overall technical management, coordination and oversight of facility design, construction and maintenance projects. The candidate will provide required knowledge of modern power generation technology and up-to-date distribution equipment and methodologies as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ability to assist in project planning, specification writing, and design validation.
• Experience related to low and medium voltage power distribution design in commercial and industrial facilities.
• Experience with SKM modeling/management of power coordination studies, maintaining and using power monitoring technologies, obtaining PUE reporting, and medium voltage switching technologies.
• Plan, monitor, coordinate and execute complex engineering tasks including the technical and quality targets of multimillion dollar projects.
• Provide site leadership with strategic power requirements related to site growth in effort to meet future multi-year planning.
• Develop and manage an electrical engineering project plans, design reviews and design approvals including RFI's and submittals.
• Develop status reports and modify plans or schedules, as necessary, to ensure contract parameters are met.
• Supervise, plan and actively participate in the Factory Acceptance Test and Integrated Factory Acceptance Test with customers.
• Understanding of Critical Infrastructure and ability to assess reliability based on reviewing historical data, reports, or interviewing technical/non-technical personnel familiar with such assets or components (i.e. power generators, utility production and distribution, chilled water plants, electrical distribution components, data centers, etc)
• Ability to estimate and produce a rough order of magnitude (ROM) cost estimates for facility project planning and programming.
• B.S. in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
• A minimum of 9 years of experience as an Electrical Engineer (Facility Power Production, Associated Backup Systems and Medium/Low Distribution systems) within the DoD, IC, or commercial industry in the last 12 years
• Basic knowledge of the government organization and method of conducting business.
• Knowledge of facility operations & maintenance activities and procedures.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to team with industry partners.
• Demonstrated experience with project and construction estimating.
• Demonstrated track record of adhering to tight schedules with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to manage multiple and competing resources.
• Demonstrated project management skills associated with managing performance, budget, schedules, and adhering to control gates.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local building and safety codes.
• Active TS/SCI clearance with Poly
• Understanding of ICS/SCADA systems and electronic controls, energy monitoring and control systems (EMCS).
• Understanding of quality management principles to include quality assurance and quality control.
• Understanding of and experience in reliability centered maintenance, predictive maintenance principles and practices.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation’s most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability