Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Associate Immersive Technology Engineer (664226) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Associate Engineer – Immersive Technology Applications
This position requires a hands-on developer who is also the development team lead for projects primarily intended as immersive technology applications
What you’ll do:
- Creation of Immersive Technology Applications including Virtual Reality, Mixed Reality, and Augmented Reality
- Work with users to understand and document application requirements
- Coordinate development activities and drive tasks to completion
- Investigate possible use cases for Augmented and Virtual Reality Applications
- Develop Augmented and Virtual Reality Applications to promote Ball Aerospace products or improve product development efficiency
- Develop, test, and integrate C#/C++ scripts
- Create 3D Models and Animations for VR/AR applications or be able to convert 3D models from engineering applications into formats compatible with VR/AR rendering engines
- Stay informed of emerging technology trends - particularly developments related to immersive technology and artificial intelligence
- Present emerging technology ideas and projects internally within the department
- Build and create libraries of objects related to VR/AR
- Explore innovative methods of coupling emerging technological capabilities such as additive manufacturing, 3D scanning, and artificial intelligence developments with immersive technology applications
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree in Engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Familiarity with working in development teams
- Familiarity with Unity3D or Unreal Engine
- Programming experience in C#/C++
- Familiarity with 3D modeling programs such as 3DS Max/Maya
- Passion for creativity, problem-solving, and troubleshooting
- A strong desire to learn and grow in a rapidly advancing, flexible environment
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in team and solo environments
*Working Conditions: *
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Associate Immersive Technology Engineer (664226)
Job ID: 664226
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time