Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer I-System Allocation & Verification (664415) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Engineer I* –*System Allocation and Verification Team Member **
This position is for a system engineer who can help a team to establish the requirement baseline for a mission that includes Segment, Element (payload, spacecraft bus, and ground) and Subsystems.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide systems engineering support of technical teams to develop Segment, Element, and Subsystem Specifications.
- Maintain the DOOR’s framework to properly allocate, trace and verify requirements at the Segment, Element and Subsystem levels through all mission phases.
- Interact with multiple subject matter experts to develop the required allocation analysis and verification artifacts.
- Interface with and support the program’s lead verification engineer.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 2 or more years related experience in either mission system, spacecraft systems, ground systems or payloads.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience with requirements management is desirable.
- Experience (either direct or course work) in systems engineering processes, including requirements development, requirement allocation, change management, verification and validation – a self-starter that will own this activity.
- Customer Relationships: basic knowledge of missions and customers across core technologies areas. Knowledge/experience working with critical customer base, established relationships with key personnel within customer community.
- Good presentation skills with experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Engineer I-System Allocation & Verification (664415)
Job ID: 664415
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time