Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer II-Electrical Power Systems (EPS) (665072) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Engineer II – Electrical Power Systems (EPS)
This position is for an experienced spacecraft power system engineer who can make key contributions to the EPS team through all phases of the satellite program, including design and analysis, production, test and operations for spacecraft power subsystems.
What You’ll Do:
- Help develop power systems architectures (power generation, power storage and power control & distribution).
- Perform power system modeling and simulations.
- Be a team member for a spacecraft bus or space vehicle.
- Analyze power system sizing and performance.
- Support hardware development teams.
- Support integration and test, launch and operations.
- Support new business activities
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A minimum of 3 years of direct experience in spacecraft Electrical Power Subsystem Engineering or Electrical Power Test or Electrical Power Spacecraft Operations.
- A desire to learn - our culture fosters intellectual curiosity.
- A strong technical foundation – people who flourish behave like owners
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Engineer II-Electrical Power Systems (EPS) (665072)
Job ID: 665072
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time