Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer II-Mission Systems Engineer (Systems Operability) (664488) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Engineer II - Mission Systems Engineering (System Operability)
What you’ll do:
- Provide spacecraft command and data handling system support through all program phases (design, build, test, and on-orbit).
- Document the details of the spacecraft's command and telemetry system, to verify the implementation in the command and control test system, and to maintain the command and telemetry lists/databases throughout the life of the spacecraft.
- Using uploadable / downloadable Flight Software tables, provide Flight Software program specific support through all program phases (design, build, test, and on-orbit).
- Document the details of the spacecraft tables; verify the creation and implementation of the tables in the test and operations control system.
- Understand automated test systems employing database or table-driven operations, scripted test procedures, UNIX-based platforms, X-windows/Motif GUIs (graphical user interfaces).
- Support spacecraft and instrument test teams by implementing and maintaining test sets, software tools, and provide anomaly resolution support.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you need:
- BS in Engineering or a related technical field plus 5 or more years experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Exposure to spacecraft design, test and operations, particularly from the standpoint of satellite command and telemetry systems preferred (including CCSDS).
- Some understanding of developing, maintaining, and/or using ground system and spacecraft test plans & procedures and flight command procedures.
- Experience working in UNIX, Mac, and MS-Windows environments is preferred.
- Good planning, organization, and communication skills.
- Ability to work with large teams of distributed ground system engineers and senior level engineers of multiple disciplines.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Engineer II-Mission Systems Engineer (Systems Operability) (664488)
Job ID: 664488
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time