Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer II-System Allocation & Verification (665196) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Engineer II* –*System Allocation and Verification **
This position is for an experienced system engineer who can help a team to establish the requirement baseline for a mission that includes Segment, Element (payload, spacecraft bus, and ground) and Subsystems.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide systems engineering support of technical teams to develop Segment, Element, and Subsystem Specifications.
- Maintain the DOOR’s framework to properly allocate, trace and verify requirements at the Segment, Element and Subsystem levels through all mission phases.
- Interact with multiple subject matter experts to develop the required allocation analysis and verification artifacts.
- Interface with and support the program’s lead verification engineer.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 5 or more years related experience in either mission system, spacecraft systems, ground systems or payloads.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current Top Secret/SCI security clearance is highly desired.
- Minimum 2 years of requirements management experience working in the DOORS environment (Framework, Specification Structure, ICD, Structure, etc) or equivalent – a subject matter expert with this tool.
- Demonstrated ability to review effective and verifiable requirements – detailed oriented.
- Experience (either direct or course work) in systems engineering processes, including requirements development, requirement allocation, change management, verification and validation – a self-starter that will own this activity.
- Customer Relationships: basic knowledge of missions and customers across core technologies areas. Knowledge/experience working with critical customer base, established relationships with key personnel within customer community.
- Good presentation skills with experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Engineer II-System Allocation & Verification (665196)
Job ID: 665196
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time