Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer II-Systems - Launch Segment (662743) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
*Engineer II-Systems – Launch Segment *
*What you’ll do: *
- Support launch segment concept development to include requirements definition, flow-down, development, verification and interfaces to other segments.
- Develop, document, and implement technical data/requirements and all deliverables required for launch segment operations.
- Support launch segment concept development for new business proposal activities.
- Support development and refinement of Ball Aerospace launch segment processes.
- Interface externally the space segment provider.
- Interface internally with Launch Mission Manager and Engineering/ATLO Groups.
- Provide single Point of Contact at Ball Aerospace for launch system interface definition, and implementation.
- Coordinate interface with Ball Systems Safety and launch site Range Safety.
- Coordinate launch site materials, consumables and training (propellant, purge gas, SCAPE).
- Support technical writing (Proposal development, Contractual elements, procedural definitions, specifications, interfaces, analysis support and description documents).
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
*What you’ll need: *
- BS in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Minimum of 2 years direct experience in Launch Services/Engineering with a solid understanding of specifications, interface control, launch integration activities,
- Experience with defining, developing and delivering space qualified hardware. Strong oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Effective in multidisciplinary large team work environment with broad responsibilities and minimal oversight.
- Applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
*Working Conditions: *
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Engineer II-Systems - Launch Segment (662743)
Job ID: 662743
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time