Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer Senior-Manufacturing (663882) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Senior Engineer – Manufacturing
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for manufacturing schedule, technical, and personnel management.
- Lead a team of junior Manufacturing Engineers, Manufacturing Planners, Hardware Quality Engineers, Test Engineers, Inspectors, and Technicians in the design for manufacture, procurement, fabrication, assembly, integration and testing of highly technical aerospace products, subsystems and systems.
- Manage projects primarily focused on the manufacture of mechanical hardware, but may include electronic and optical products for NASA, DoD, and Commercial Space applications.
- Establish effective working relationships across the enterprise.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS or higher in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Technology Management, Operations Management, or a closely related technical/operations field such as mechanical or electrical engineering, plus 8 or more year’s related experience is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Must have experience in successfully leading large manufacturing teams in all aspects of aerospace manufacturing and test operations.
- Proficiency with interpreting highly technical engineering drawings, bills of material, and technical documents including test and integration procedures.
- Demonstrated successful management of manufacturing and test operations meeting cost, schedule, and performance goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written communication skills, oral presentation skills and an ability to lead group discussions with both internal and external customers.
- Experience in developmental "space qualified" manufacturing and test execution, including contract and government compliance.
- Experience in proposal support, design for manufacture (DFM), material requirements planning (MRP), and program scheduling.
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
- Current Active SSBI security clearance highly desirable.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Engineer Senior-Manufacturing (663882)
Job ID: 663882
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time