Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Manufacturing Principal Planner (663891) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Manufacturing Principal Planner
What You’ll Do:
- Review engineering drawings, specifications, and Bill of Material to determine project material requirements.
- Identify long lead items and fabrication needs.
- Requisition of raw materials and components for development and production programs using internal system tools.
- Utilize internal manual or MRP processes to plan project material requirements.
- Execute material reservations, transfers, and excess materials.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 10 years or more years of related experience is required.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Associate's may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Must be experienced in working within a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with numerous manufacturing methods (fabrication, assembly, and test).
- Previous experience in purchasing desired.
- Familiar with Government compliance issues and engineering drawings.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 and AS9100 environment preferred.
- Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office products, manufacturing MRP & ERP systems and various databases.
- Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Manufacturing Principal Planner (663891)
Job ID: 663891
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time