Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Material Control Analyst I (662024) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Material Control Analyst I
Manage the planning and execution of the Material Baseline for the program or product center, including Manufacturing Product Structures, quantities, build schedules and program charge numbers. Has primary coordination responsibilities for executing the material baseline including providing visibility for the program and exception planning and mitigation throughout the program lifecycle.
What you'll do:
- Develop effective program relationships, with agreed upon expectations and roles with the key program and personnel supporting the programs and business areas that they support.
- Provide leadership in managing the Material Baseline for Planning and Execution for their programs/areas, with particular focus on:
- Material Visibility
- Program Schedule
- Proactively communicate and manage exceptions or anomalies. This includes working part substitutions, managing planning breaks, mitigating additional risks to the program associated with program execution including non-conformances.
- Plan, prepare, issue and control production schedules and coordinate with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Execute the technical tasks assigned to a MRPA, including: Work Breakdown Structure(WBS) and communication, product structure hierarchy, quality plan information regarding procurements, parts engineering requirements, additional requirements planning and material plans, maturity of product structures and making parts executable, and effectively understand and utilize manufacturing tools and interfaces designed to facilitate material flow and approval.
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies.
- Interface well with other people at all levels and from diverse areas, use initiative in applying solutions to assignments, contribute to large teams and show leadership to less experienced people.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Makes presentations and may lead group discussions.
- Represent organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years of related experience is required.
- Experience in manufacturing or materials planning, particularly in electronics.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Material Control Analyst I (662024)
Job ID: 662024
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time