Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Mechanical Assembly Production Supervisor (663946) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Mechanical Assembly Senior Supervisor
What You’ll Do:
- Supervise Mechanical Assembly and departmental functions to ensure all policies, procedures, and processes meet and support program and company objectives.
- Provide technical solutions to program execution at a sub-assembly, integration, and test level mechanical support.
- Provide offsite mechanical technicians to support classified operations, integration efforts and supplier’s facilities, and launch operations.
- Select, motivate, and counsel employees; administer salary and budget programs; ensure employee safety; plan, organize, integrate, and measure work performed within the department.
- Effectively write and conduct performance appraisals.
- Develop new product specifications and processes from initial development through all stages to release.
- Responsible for identifying capital equipment by utilizing collected data to drive asset acquisition and effectively managing capital projects.
- Recommend ways to expand resource utilization including automated equipment and work area management.
- Work with manufacturing engineers and program request to assign personnel with the correct skill set to support all aspects of the department and ensure tasks are completed according to engineering/production requirements and schedules.
- Adequately assign needs either forecasted in staffing tool or direct program requests.
- Work with recruiting to properly staff department thru job postings, interviewing, and hiring.
- Support classified needs from a staffing and execution standpoint for all mechanical operations
- Manage all assembly space within Boulder and Broomfield campus’s
- Actively participate in continuous improvement projects; develop solutions to risks and opportunities identified in work centers, promote use of Lean and 6-Sigma tools / techniques
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong oral and written communication and customer service skills are required.
- Requires knowledge and / or experience with Lean, 6S, BSI and AS9100 audits.
- TS/SCI clearance required in the future
- Candidate will need to be familiar with all processes for the area including: Agile, IFS scheduling, process data analysis, Velocity.
- Work is performed in various work centers.
- Frequent exposure to paint thinners, solvents, loud noises, etc.
- May be required to wear protective equipment such as safety glasses, respirators, etc., as necessary.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Mechanical Assembly Production Supervisor (663946)
Job ID: 663946
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time