Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Mechanical Assembly Tech II - (664510) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Technician II – Mechanical
Perform entry level mechanical assembly tasks, supporting Mechanical Operations, working in a team environment, and interfacing with internal customers. Tasks could include logistics with hardware around the facility, supporting critical lifts and moves, basic assembly work including bonding, staking, and torqueing. This job could also include tool crib management and support of machine shop execution efforts including raw stock cutting and expendable tool management. Candidate must be able to maintain and hold a crane and fork lift certification.
What you’ll do:
- Apply an entry level of knowledge and skills in hardware assembly and manufacturing operations.
- Apply intermediate competency in the use of hand tools, assembly tooling and general manufacturing equipment.
- Required to apply solid computer skills to access and input data via computer interface or automated equipment.
- Required to work effectively in a team environment. Answers routine questions of lower level technicians, while referring more difficult issues to higher levels.
- Work will typically be inspected for completeness and accuracy.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Support other work areas as necessary that could include MLI, Clean Lab, and Metal Finish
- Perform mechanical assembly operations including bonding, staking, torqueing and critical moves. Work to detailed drawings in a clean room environment interfacing with personnel from different disciplines.
- Maintain electronic build documents, required logs, records and reports in accordance with Ball Aerospace policies and government regulations.
- Review and correctly interpret schematics, drawings, specifications, and procedures.
- Support mechanical operations on north and south campus’s as necessary
- Could involve managing of inventory of tool crib items including calibrated items and expendable tooling
- Possibly stage material for machine shop utilizing band saw to cut raw stock
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 4 or more years of related experience or a two-year technical degree with 2 or more years of related experience is required.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to obtain and hold a security clearance
- Must have a good mechanical aptitude along with good dexterity and hand/eye coordination. Solid basic machining skills a plus
- Must be a self-starter, ambitious and a conscientious individual.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Mechanical Assembly Tech II - (664510)
Job ID: 664510
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time