CBRE Mechanical Reliability Engineer, Data Center in BOULDER, Colorado
Mechanical Reliability Engineer, Data Center
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Requisition # 21000650
Post Date Jan 28, 2021
Looking for a talented Mechanical Engineer to support site operations at Boulder, CO Campus, with approximately two and one half million square feet of diverse mechanical systems and space types. This Engineer will be responsible for working under Client’s direction to provide engineering guidance and support for the site mechanical systems infrastructure.
Skills and Professional Expertise: ·
· Deep expertise across all mechanical and controls systems at the site, including diverse HVAC systems, central utility plants (i.e. boilers, chillers, cooling towers, pumps, and compressed air), building automation and controls, plumbing systems, fire systems, and fuel systems
· Experience reading engineering and controls drawings and documenting changes in system design or control sequences to optimize reliability and/or engineering efficiency of operations
· Experience using building management systems (BMS) to understand how equipment is operating and perform troubleshooting
· Knowledge of the network requirements and communications protocols underlying typical BMS systems
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills, including ability to quickly size up a technical issue, identify cost effective approaches, make recommendations to management, and lead others in the implementation solutions
· Demonstrated communication skills, including ability to speak and write clearly
· Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with appropriate attention to detail
· Interpersonal skills necessary to work well in a team environment with Client, suppliers, vendors, contractors, and customers
· Proficient in AutoCAD, spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software
· Ability to read and annotate blueprints
· Possess the ability to climb ladders, stairs, and other temporary or construction access points and be able to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Serve as expert on site mechanical systems and their interaction with other building systems (e.g. electrical, telecom, environmental, emergency back-up) and provide guidance on all aspects of how these systems should be operated and maintained to meet codes, ensure reliability, reduce costs, and address failures
· Develop technical scopes and cost estimates for both small and large design and construction projects involving mechanical infrastructure and control systems
· Review mechanical designs and provide support for all construction and commissioning activities to ensure work is done properly and in the best interests of the Client
· Develop and maintain a strategic plan for site mechanical and controls infrastructure.
· Identify cost effective approaches for upgrading and replacing aging systems and provide input to capital planning activities.
· Review building management system (BMS) data to proactively identify and resolve problems with mechanical equipment and controls.
· Direct and oversee maintenance and upgrade activities by BMS technicians and vendors
· Work closely with the Client, external design and construction contractors, and full service vendor teams to ensure the mechanical systems meet reliability, energy, environmental, and business goals
· Plan and coordinate site infrastructure shutdowns of mechanical systems
Bachelor of science or graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution is preferred
Minimum of 5 years engineering experience applying the principles that govern the operation, design, construction, commissioning of building and campus mechanical infrastructure is preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor-s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 2+ years related industry experience.
Experience with instrumentation & control, computerized maintenance management systems required. Programming with emphasis of object oriented and relational databases.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Must possess a thorough knowledge of the use, setup and operation of Windows-based computers and desktop applications such as MS-Word and MS-Excel.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of those who are affected by your work. This includes but is not limited to: Complete all required and assigned HSE training at a satisfactory level,Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE-related requirements at all times,Participate in all HSE-related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing and assessment, etc.Report any conditions which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required.
US Company Profile
About CBRE Group, Inc.
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBRE), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (based on 2019 revenue). The company has more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliates) and serves real estate investors and occupiers through more than 530 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services. Please visit our website at www.cbre.com.
CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)