Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Optical Engineer II (664391) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Optical Engineer II
What you'll do:
- Partner with other optical engineers to design and engineer state-of-the-art space-based optical sensors.
- Perform optical system development, integration, alignment, and data analysis.
- Work hands-on with optical hardware and perform technology development.
- Work in a cross-disciplinary environment with engineers and technicians from other engineering fields.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 5 or more years of related experience. MS degree is preferred.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience in optical system development, integration, and alignment.
- Understanding of optical fabrication technology to support procurement of optics, both large and small.
- Solid knowledge in optical engineering analysis and design.
- Experience with Matlab and Optical Design/Analysis tools.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools.
- Current Top Secret clearance with a current favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Optical Engineer II (664391)
Job ID: 664391
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time