Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Principal Engineer-Mission Systems Verification & Validation (664915)- Security clearance required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Principal Engineer – Mission System Integration
Key leader within the mission SEIT team, responsible for the interfaces between the space vehicle and ground segment and all external interfaces. Support development of the mission level verification plan between segments and with external organizations. Responsible for testing at the mission level ensuring that the system we are delivering meets our customer’s requirements and mission needs.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, release and maintain the SV to ground ICD and all ICDs with external interfaces
- Provide support to development of the mission CONOPS and functional baseline
- Work closely with the verification lead to develop the mission level verification plan
- Responsible for Mission Test Plan and development of mission level test procedures
- Ensure all GSE, network interfaces and other resources are identified and in place to support mission level testing
- Lead mission level test activities. These tests include but not limited to end-to-end data verification, space to ground compatibility and mission scenario testing
- Leadership for operations and launch rehearsal development and execution
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Proven success as a technical team lead
- Experience in all phases of execution for space systems with experience in both space vehicle hardware and ground system development
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills, proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively lead group discussions, ability to set priorities and delegate as required to meet all objectives.
- The ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM) - CAM experience preferred
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Principal Engineer-Mission Systems Verification & Validation (664915)- Security clearance required
Job ID: 664915
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time