Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Principal Engineer - Spacecraft Requirements & Verification Systems (664043) - Security clearance required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Spacecraft Requirements and Verification Systems, Principal Engineer
What You’ll Do:
- Monitor contractor and Government requirements development and verification processes and work products.
- Establish and conduct verification oversight, and review verification products for completeness and adequacy.
- Develop and deliver system level verification products by performing analysis to integrate segment level verification products.
- Acceptance testing of complex, military space systems at both the component and integrated systems level.
- Provide systems engineering and verification status reports to program management.
- Participate in the system and segment level verification reviews and working groups.
- Provide inputs to System Test and Verification Plans.
- Participate in the system and segment level test reviews and working groups.
- Review system and segment level test plans and procedures.
- Review system and segment level test schedules and linkage between test events.
- Participate in and oversee system and segment level test events.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 12 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and participate in requirements development as part of the systems engineering and integration process
- Ability to identify technical discrepancies between hardware being utilized, installed, or built against requirements and program baseline documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, customer relationship and technical skills.
- Ability to develop solutions for complex technical issues with limited supervision.
- TS/SCI Required
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Principal Engineer - Spacecraft Requirements & Verification Systems (664043) - Security clearance required
Job ID: 664043
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time