Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Principal Systems Assurance Parts Engineer (661776) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Principal Parts Engineer - Systems Assurance
Establish, execute and disseminate Parts Engineering requirements and expertise across Ball Aerospace’s programs, customer base and engineering departments. Execute the Parts Engineering program on large space vehicle missions. Establish Parts Engineering requirements appropriate for the hardware, mission and customer base. Establish Parts Engineering requirements and recommendations across the company to establish standards and consistency for future execution. Lead Parts and Material Control Boards (PMPCB) on program interfacing with external and internal customers for review and approval of all PMP on prime programs.
What You’ll Do:
- Interpret government and program EEE parts requirements, support the development of Mission Assurance Plans (MAPs), and implement the program strategy, policies, and procedures necessary to ensure compliance with all company and government requirements.
- Support establishing companywide EEE Parts policy and procedures to ensure appropriate requirements based on mission type and customer base
- Support establishing Parts, Materials and Processes Control Board (PMPCB) processes and procedures for large Prime Programs
- Stand-up and Run Large PMPCBs for space vehicle programs providing risk based decisions on applicability for non-standard PMP
- Provide risk assessments to program management on application of a wide range of EEE Parts commodity types and requirements levels
- Support the generation of time-phased/staffing estimates for Systems Assurance, parts engineering work products
- Provide and communicate understanding of both the technical and programmatic aspects of a EEE Parts program to the project team as well as the customer.
- Provide advice, guidance, and assistance to customers and senior management relative to EEE parts engineering.
- Provide support to subcontractor EEE Part requirements allocation and execution
- Provide mentoring to parts engineering and support to risk assessments
- Promote development of a strong team by participation in key aspects of the project and mentoring more junior team members. When delegating, establish clear expectations by providing well-defined tasks with clear entrance/exit criteria, due dates, and associated budgets.
- Support the generation of cost estimates for proposals.
- Develop detailed development schedules and manage team activities to meet delivery milestones.
- Manage company-wide technical and programmatic priorities in relation to customer technical and programmatic priorities.
- Work with classified documents which requires thorough knowledge of DoD procedures for the proper usage and safeguarding of classified information.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 12 or more years of related experience.
- TS/SCI security clearance preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, strong written, communication, oral presentations skills, and ability to lead group discussions.
In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Principal Systems Assurance Parts Engineer (661776)
Job ID: 661776
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time