Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Project Engineer I-Manufacturing (663881) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Project Engineer I
Support new business and proposals with respect to manufacturing & test, including the ability to perform capacity analysis, factory modeling, data analysis of previous program costs to anticipate labor and material costs for new programs, develop complete and achievable program plans, participate and contribute to test & manufacturing readiness reviews (MRR’s), address design for manufacturing and design for test within the proposal and with design during manufacturing phase of program, develop basis of estimate for proposed costs and support cost estimates for new and existing manufacturing and test efforts.
What you’ll do:
- Develop consistency in proposal work products, including readiness reviews, manufacturing & test plans, capability assessments for both internal and external suppliers, and develop command media to support the same.
- Lead a multi-discipline team to meet cost, schedule, and technical requirements for assigned projects.
- Lead teams in the design, development, and execution of innovative research projects.
- Apply and/or develop highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts.
- Design, research and develop highly advanced new applications resulting in new product/business opportunities for the company.
- Act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs.
- Plan R&D; programs and recommend technological application programs to accomplish long-range objectives.
- Develop information that extends knowledge in a given field. Information may form the basis of newly developed concepts, theories and products.
- Lead and/or direct group discussions. Organize and direct effective meetings.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Project Management, Program Management or Operations management background with a strong technical background in Systems, Manufacturing, Process Control, Test or Design Engineering is desired.
- Competence at the highest levels in one or more technical fields, has intuitive feel in technical areas, establish requirements for the producibility of designs, and for cost, budget, and schedule constraints.
- Ability to work multiple activities and programs, and work all aspects of a new business effort across all engineering disciplines.
- Exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Effectiveness in providing leadership at all levels and with outside customers, see the big picture and initiate action wherever needed that are not clearly defined, able to influence program outcomes and customer requirements, and negotiate new business opportunities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional presentation skills.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Project Engineer I-Manufacturing (663881)
Job ID: 663881
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time