Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technical Intern - Manufacturing & Test Operations (664608) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace 2019 Summer Intern Program:
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Technical Intern - Vibration Test Engineer
Responsible Test Engineer for conducting Dynamic / Vibration tests within the Test Operations Department. Work with internal and external customers and will be the responsible Test Engineer for testing state of the art aerospace products, understanding test requirements, facility capabilities, equipment capabilities and fundamentals of Vibration test operations.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct Vibration tests for state of the art aerospace products.
- Perform testing, write test reports and review program provided test procedures to ensure customer requirements are met. These requirements will be compared to lab capabilities to identify gaps and collaborate to close them prior to arrival of the unit under test.
- Work with a team of Test Engineers, Design Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Hardware Quality Engineers, Inspectors, and Technicians.
- Develop test engineering documentation (e.g. plans, procedures and reports) and present test results to internal and external customers.
- Engineer and lead process improvement initiatives and capital programs to build and maintain a world class test facility.
- Assimilate diverse data and recommend actions to drive technical solutions to complex problems.
- Review and accurately interpret schematics, drawings, specifications and procedures for completeness and compliance to test requirements.
- Proactively work with internal customers to understand test requirements.
- Ensure the testability of hardware designs and procedures.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- You must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2019. We will also accept graduating seniors enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Working towards BS in Mechanical, Structural. Aerospace or Physics or a related technical field is required.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Leadership skills and effective presentation skills.
- Effective communications for regular interaction with higher level management and customers.
- Ability to work cross organizationally with process shareholders.
- Will be required to obtain company certifications.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Technical Intern - Manufacturing & Test Operations (664608)
Job ID: 664608
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time