Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technical Intern - Materials and Process (664602) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace 2019 Summer Intern Program:
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Technical Intern – Materials and Process
What You’ll Do
- Participate on a design team in the selection and testing of materials (adhesives, polymers, composites, metals, optics), process research and development, failure investigation, contamination control or other such activities.
- Use analytical skills in chemical and mechanical applications.
- Decipher laboratory test results from a variety of analytical techniques possibly including thermal analysis, infrared spectroscopy, scanning electron microscope, gas chromatography, digital microscopy, high vacuum, and mechanical testing for use in modeling, etc.
- Prepare and present a formal presentation to management upon completion of term.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- You must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2019. We will also accept graduating seniors enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or related degree field.
- Demonstration of excellent teamwork skills and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer program experience with Excel (VBA), Mathcad, Mat lab, or similar programs a benefit.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, or production environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Technical Intern - Materials and Process (664602)
Job ID: 664602
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time