Google UX Writer in Boulder, Colorado
As a User Experience writer, you are an advocate for Google design, working to shape product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete the task at hand. You help set the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms and touch points. As a stellar writer, you have a portfolio of work that demonstrates content that simplifies and beautifies the overall user experience.
You work with people in a variety of UX design-related jobs including researchers, product managers, engineers, marketing and customer operations. Collaborating with each, you strive to establish cohesive language and a unified voice across products and platforms. You regularly use empathy, logic and hard data to inform content choices, and are an expert in your product. You provide content recommendations that include the right words and sometimes complementary data and images.
Google Drive helps people and the organizations they work for – be more productive, collaborative and creative. As part of the larger G Suite of Apps (like Gmail, Calendar and Chat), Google Drive is a key part in an overall product suite that serves the needs of enterprises across creative teamwork, awareness and organization.
The Drive UX team is a multidisciplinary team - with roles spanning Quantitative and Qualitative Research, Design, Program Management and UX Engineering.
User experience (UX) is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. Our multidisciplinary UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and performance. We collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Design intuitive, delightful product experiences that help users accomplish their goals.
- Define product vision and narratives across multiple platforms and touch points.
- Work with teams in a variety of disciplines, including Design, Research, Product Management, Engineering, Legal, Marketing, and Customer Operations.
- Use empathy, logic, and hard data to inform content choices and to advocate for the user.
- Lead guidelines and best practices, manage complex, cross-functional projects, and work with leadership to set goals and implement roadmaps.
- BA/BS degree in English or Journalism, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Relevant work experience in Writing, UX and/or Human-Computer Interaction.
- Portfolio of work.
- UX or Design and/or research experience, and experience with localization and accessibility best practices.
- Experience working on an enterprise product.
- Knowledge of UX writing style guides.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.