Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Manager Aerospace Security (664829) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Security Manager – Systems Engineering Solutions Strategic Business Unit
What You’ll Do:
- Execute duties as the senior Ball Aerospace Security (AeroSec) leader within the Ball Aerospace Systems Engineering Solutions (SES) Strategic Business Unit (SBU).
- Develop strategic direction for SES Program Security and lead employees and the company into innovative and new directions to accomplish the organization’s goals.
- Ensure all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and is in compliance with all applicable laws, statues, and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Select, motivate, and counsel employees; administer salary and budget programs; ensure employee safety; plan, organize, integrate, and measure work performed within the department.
- In conjunction with AeroSec Security Awareness, Training, and Education coordinator, develop and execute security awareness, training, and education programs for program-accessed individuals, business unit management, and security professionals; ensure direct reports have a professional development plan.
- Interface with both internal and external Intelligence Community and Special Access Program customers to ensure security requirements are understood and properly implemented.
- Work with SES management to prioritize and anticipate security staffing needs across new business and executing programs.
- Maintain current status of program security and facility security posture, programmatic security issues, and outstanding Program Access Requests (PARs) on all SES programs – develop intuitive and effective metrics to communicate personnel clearance/access process and secure facility construction status.
- Communicate status and issues with SES management and program teams to anticipate and mitigate issues before they become critical.
- Interact with AeroSec Counterintelligence regarding external threats to all programs and personnel as well as insider threats and potential workplace violence (in conjunction with Human Resources Business Partner).
- Investigate security incidents and violations and prepare reports specifying preventive action to be taken to prevent reoccurrence.
- Ensure customer security compliance requirements are met, maintaining 100% readiness for compliance inspections at any time, and assist customers with audits and inspections, ensuring any corrective actions or findings are implemented.
- Direct the preparation and maintenance of required documentation in accordance with company procedures and government regulations.
- Coordinate with other Strategic Support Units (SSUs) to ensure program operations support fulfills growth requirements.
- Provide input to and coordinate on proposal efforts to ensure expected security requirements are adequately reflected in new programmatic efforts.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule for yourself and your personnel.
- Travel to SES business locations to ensure management oversight and employee growth and development.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 8 years or more related experience.
- Experience in special program security execution and management, to include Facility Security Officer (FSO), Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO), and/or Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO).
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current Top Secret Security Clearance is required.
- Working knowledge of applicable US Government regulatory guidance concerning special program security management and information assurance to include the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), the Department of Defense Instruction 8510.01, Risk Management Framework (RMF), all Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs) relevant to contractor program execution, the Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG), the Department of Defense Manual 5205.07, Special Access Program (SAP) Manual, Volumes 1-4, National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) Acquisition Manual (NAM) and NRO Security Manual (NSM).
- Certifications within critical functional areas are a plus; Security Fundamentals Professional Certification (SFPC), Industrial Security Professional (ISP), Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Special Program Security Certification (SPSC).
- Work is performed in a multi-building office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball SES campuses and other possible non-Ball locations will be required (25%-35%).
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Manager Aerospace Security (664829)
Job ID: 664829
Location: CO - Broomfield;NM - Albuquerque;OH - Dayton (Fairborn);VA - Chantilly;MD - Columbia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time