Lockheed Martin Chief Systems Engineer, Flight System SEIT in Centennial, Colorado
Description: Your invitation to a bright future!
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with meaningful assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
As the successful Missile Systems Chief Systems Engineer , you will:
- Define an organization and build a strong team of leaders and individual contributors to plan and successfully execute a portfolio NSP program
- Be a senior leader deployed to the Missile Program Manager and will work collaboratively to define the Missile Systems Architecture, Integrated Master Plan, Requirements and Verification Baseline, development and flight test hardware baseline, ground and flight test planning, design maturity milestone reviews
- Provide Full Spectrum Leadership and be disciplined in value driven Systems Engineering, driving design evolution in a systematic and thoughtful way
- Work closely with your Navy counterpart to field a strategic system
Typically has 20 - 30+ years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- 8+ years of experience in systems engineering or related engineering discipline
- Leading large-scale technical programs
- Leading and conducting Systems Engineering Milestone reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, MRR)
- Demonstrated ability to define and execute to a Technical baseline including TPMs
- Defining and managing to an Integrated Master Plan (IMP)
- Developing Ground and Flight test planning
- Defining a requirements and verification baseline
- Risk & Opportunity Management
- Demonstrated ability to interact with DOD customers and build effective relationships
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Chief Systems Engineer within the SMD Line of Business
- Experience in a Program Start-UP environment
- Leadership team experience on a development program
- Control account management principles, techniques, and processes, minimum in either a CAM position, or a role with similar experience
- Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.