Lockheed Martin Electronic Component Engineer in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Come be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products!
We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with meaningful assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
As a Component Engineer on this dynamic team, you’ll work on a broad range of projects, in both a laboratory and manufacturing environment, that will challenge you to learn and grow in your career. Working side by side with designers, test and manufacturing engineers, you’ll use your education, experience and growing expertise to develop and evaluate new and innovative technology to survive in the most hostile of environments.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Select Parts, Materials, and Processes (PMP) on new designs that will help defend our country, get hands-on manufacturing experience of the next satellite, or provide oversight to an extensive supply chain providing products critical to Mission Success
- Perform Materials and Processes (M&P) technical engineering assignments
- Troubleshoot problems and find innovative solutions
- Participate in the selection, qualification, testing, and failure analysis of materials & processes, prepare technical and progress reports on assigned tasks, prepare specifications, evaluate suppliers and analyze test reports
- Coordinate with other disciplines such as Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering, and Procurement
WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- A self-starter who develops solutions to technical issues
- A motivated individual who's able to work closely within a geographically separated team to resolve technical issues
- Someone who can balance shifting priorities, multiple projects and timeline pressure to meet deadlines
- Someone adept at communicating in a variety of forums
- Someone willing to mentor and teach junior engineers
- Ability to work with management and program representatives at several levels.
You will typically have 5 - 10 years of professional experience for this role.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards and Recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits
• Electrical/Electronic/Electromechanical (EEE) parts related background or field of study
• Experience reviewing engineering drawings and/or specifications and providing guidance to design, stress, and manufacturing engineers
• Familiar with evaluating EEE parts for use in aerospace applications
• Non-conformance and failure analysis disposition experience
• Good understanding of Electrical/Electronic/Electromechanical (EEE) parts performance requirements and specifications
• Good writing, communication and interpersonal skills
This position requires the ability to obtain a DOD security clearance. US Citizenship required.
• Experience establishing and implementing technical requirements (specifications, program plans/requirements, etc.)
• Familiar with a variety of EEE parts including integrated circuits, transistors, diodes and capacitors
• Familiar with radiation effects on EEE parts
• Familiarity with EEE parts testing, failure analysis and non-conformance resolution
• Knowledge of avoiding and mitigating counterfeit part usage
• Proven experience in the analysis of passive EEE parts, semiconductor physics and/or operation of parts such as hybrids, integrated circuits, transistors, diodes and capacitors
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.