Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineering Intern in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet...or any other...are with Lockheed Martin Space!
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing women and men are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
What does this role look like?
• Work with experienced engineers, research, plan, design and develop mechanical and structural components, assemblies and systems for instruments, payloads, engines, and mechanical, structural and thermal systems for Lockheed Martin Space.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Career development
• Rewards & recognition
• Mentorship opportunities
• Work/life balance
This is for positions in Littleton, Highlands Ranch, or Centennial, CO.
• Actively enrolled in a Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering, Materials Engineering, or similarly related program from an accredited college/university. This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen.
• Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment
• Understanding and ability to apply basic Mechanical Engineering principles, theories and concepts
• Knowledge of mechanical modeling and analysis tools, such as CREO, Nastran, Thermal Desktop
• Fundamental understanding of structures, mechanisms and materials
• Desire to work with propulsion, structures, mechanisms, thermal, analysis and all things Lockheed Martin Space!
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.