Lockheed Martin Project Engineer / Control Account Manager (mid-career level) in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. If you have the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion and dream to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can apply your expertise to a very important mission? Do all things outer space intrigue you? If so, we invite to apply your expertise with us, a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Come, join our Project Engineering team in the dynamic world of LM Space. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe that everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
For over 60 years, the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) team has supported the Navy’s mission to provide affordable and credible strategic deterrence to help keep this nation and our allies secure. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges for you on a program with a rich history and exciting future. Our facility in Denver, CO has an immediate opportunity for a mid-career Project Engineering professional who wants to be part of our mission. As a Control Account Manager (CAM) on the FBM program you will perform CAM duties for all assigned control accounts. Additionally, you will effectively manage control account performance, elevate concerns and issues where appropriate to program management, including other impacted control account managers. Other CAM responsibilities in this role will include:
• Leading, planning, budgeting, and managing the cost/schedule/technical performance for each assigned Control Account (CA)
• Integrate and work closely with managers and directors within the FBM organization to partner and manage their scope of work
• Work with partnering organizations (Supply Chain, Program Management, Quality, etc.) to ensure all processes are appropriately followed and implemented to ensure smooth product flow throughout the life-cycle
• Identify risks and opportunities to the program Risk & Opportunity Control Board and implement approved mitigation plans
• Conduct closed loop corrective action to include thorough variance analysis, monitoring of cost/schedule mitigation activities, and corrective action adjustment as necessary
• Provide timely and accurate insight to key program impacts or opportunities to the Integrated Process Team (IPT) Manager and Program Manager
• Address questions and actively help to address problems related to parts procurement status, headcount challenges, resource constraints, or safety and quality issues
• Complete all Earned Value Management (EVM) assigned duties to include work authorization requests, estimate at complete review, schedule status, variance reporting, and comprehensive estimates at complete
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical or business oriented discipline or significant relevant experience
• Demonstrated ability to work with technical leads to manage cost, schedule and technical scope
• Knowledge of Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) processes
• Knowledge of program lifecycle and how early milestones may drive future costs
• Previous Proposal and Basis of Estimate (BOE) experience and familiarity with Statement of Work (SOW)
• Demonstrated experience in driving complex issues or problems to successful closure
• US citizenship
• Ability to secure a security clearance at the Secret level
• Active Secret clearance
• Program Management Professional (PMP), Previous CAM or project lead experience
• Risk and Opportunity Management experience
• Desire to enhance Program Management skills including communication, the ability to deal with unforeseen challenges, and building strong relationships
• Familiarity with FBM (Fleet Ballistic Missile), or other Missile/Weapon System programs
• Strong problem solving, root cause, corrective action, and closure skills
• Lead discussions and determine resolutions to problems
• Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with customer
• Accept responsibility, accountability and exercise authority to ensure cost, schedule, and technical success
• Support internal and external customer audits
• Familiarity with the Missile Defense Agency customer organization
• Excellent communicator both written and orally
• Demonstrated business acumen
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.