Lockheed Martin Reentry Systems Engineer (Aeronautical) in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The selected individual will support evaluation and development of various emerging reentry concepts and mechanical designs for the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Advanced Reentry Programs organization.
The Advanced Reentry Programs organization is primarily a Systems Engineering group responsible for oversight, development, and coordination of Advanced Reentry Body (RB) Programs/Projects within the FBM Reentry Systems Directorate.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
• Evaluating conceptual reentry designs from an aeronautical engineering perspective, specifically taking into account aerodynamic and thermodynamic properties
• Coordinating with the Reentry Development Programs team as concepts mature and transition into formal development
While the key focus of the selected individual will be on the W87-1 Navy Feasibility Study, they may also support other emerging Advanced Reentry projects as necessary.
This position requires coordination across various design disciplines, flight sciences, FBM Missile SEIT, as well as other organizations within the Reentry directorate. The position is in Centennial, Colorado and will require periodic travel to Sunnyvale, California in support of knowledge transfer activities. It may also require intermittent travel to customer locations to support coordination meetings.
• Candidate must have mechanical or aeronautical design engineering experience including familiarity with the following disciplines: aerodynamics and thermodynamics
• The candidate must have good verbal / written communication skills and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with management and peers
• The candidate must have the ability to obtain a secret clearance
• Candidate has experience in materials engineering and manufacturability of mechanical designs
• Candidate has experience in structural dynamics and mechanical stress
• Candidate is familiar/knowledgeable of Reentry, Reentry Bodies, Reentry Vehicle Technologies
• Candidate has demonstrated knowledge of the FBM program (architecture, processes, procedures and systems) and Trident II (D5) Reentry System
• Candidate is familiar with the Navy SSP Reentry customer
• Candidate has familiarity with the DoD Reentry and DOE/NNSA (SNL, LANL, LLNL) customer and associated contractors
• Candidate has a Top Secret clearance or ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
• Candidate is willing to travel
• Technical Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited college
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.