Lockheed Martin Reentry Systems Engineer Staff (CPE) in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The selected individual will be the Certified Product Engineer (CPE) and technical lead for the Navy Feasibility Study, supporting the evaluation and development of new reentry concepts as a member of the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Advanced Reentry Programs organization.
The Advanced Reentry Programs organization is primarily a Systems Engineering group responsible for oversight, development, and coordination of Advanced Reentry Body (RB) Programs/Projects within the FBM Reentry Systems Directorate.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
• Leading the comprehensive technical evaluation of multiple reentry body concepts, consisting of mechanical, electrical, and material designs while accounting for aerodynamic and thermodynamic effects
• Determining feasibility of designs based on material properties performance and manufacturability from both electrical and mechanical perspectives
• Providing personnel oversight, defining work scope expectations, and performing technical integration across the various disciplines
• Coordinating with the Reentry Development Programs team as concepts mature, continuing to serve as CPE once the down selected design transitions into formal development
This position requires technical leadership across various design disciplines, flight sciences, FBM Missile SEIT, multiple organizations within the Reentry directorate, and the DOE. The position is in Centennial, Colorado and will require periodic travel to Sunnyvale, California as well as various customer locations to support stakeholder meetings.
• Candidate must have design experience with reentry bodies, missiles, or hypersonic vehicles
• Candidate must have systems engineering experience
• Candidate must have multidisciplinary engineering background including familiarity with the following disciplines: aerodynamics, thermodynamics, structural dynamics, and mechanical stress
• The candidate must have excellent verbal / written communication skills and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with management, peers, and customers
• The candidate must have a secret clearance
• Candidate must be willing to travel
• Candidate is familiar with hostile environments and corresponding material/electrical design guidelines
• Candidate has experience in materials engineering and manufacturability of mechanical designs
• Candidate has experience in electrical design including EMI/EMC effects
• Candidate has demonstrated knowledge of the FBM program (architecture, processes, procedures and systems) and Trident II (D5) Reentry System
• Candidate is familiar with the Navy SSP Reentry customer
• Candidate has familiarity with the DoD Reentry and DOE/NNSA (SNL, LANL, LLNL) customer and associated contractors
• Candidate has a Top Secret clearance or ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.