Lockheed Martin Reliability Engineer in Centennial, Colorado
Description: As part of the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Program, this Reliability Engineer role will include a wide variety of reliability engineering tasks and activities for Missile, Reentry, and Support Equipment hardware as part of a team within the Systems Engineering, Integration & Test (SEIT) organization. Responsibilities will include:
- Developing reliability predictions using approved prediction methodologies for electrical/electronic packages, systems, and support equipment.
- Performing Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), at the schematic (piece-part) and interface level.
- Supporting design reviews as required and presenting reliability results to management and customer.
- Reviewing engineering drawing Change Tasks.
- Supporting failure investigation teams and developing reliability / probabilistic assessments based on root cause of flight and ground test anomalies / failures.
- Performing system level severity / consequence assessments for test program trends and failures.
The Reliability Engineer will spend much of the time working in a team environment, obtaining inputs from other engineers, performing analyses, and creating presentations / reports. There may be some travel. The Reliability Engineer will interact with engineers, suppliers, quality, production operations, program managers, customers, and customer consultants. Candidate is desired to be self-motivated, self-driven, can multitask as needed, and be able to work in a diverse and inclusive environment.
Desired Skills: - 3 - 5+ years' experience in an Electrical or Reliability related field
- Missile/aerospace related background or experience
- Probability, statistical concepts, and mathematical modelling
- Electrical circuit modelling and simulation tools
- Experience with a diversity of complex electrical (hardware) systems
- Product test, environmental and reliability testing, or manufacturing engineering
- Systems engineering and production / support equipment design
- Requirements development, system design, problem analysis and resolution, and integration and test
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work in a collaborative and team-based environment
- Active Secret security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- Reliability principles and practices, and understanding of root cause analysis
- Reliability prediction calculations in accordance with industry standards (e.g. MIL-HDBK-217, empirical test data, etc.)
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) / Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) process, including a good understanding of circuit analysis and schematics
- Analytical thinker with a demonstrated ability of solving complex problems, and solid attention to detail; ability to perform detail-oriented work with a high degree of accuracy and within requested timelines
- Strong technical writing skills for the preparation of plans and reports, and strong verbal communication skills for customer presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Ability to travel as needed (<10% travel)
- US Citizenship with ability to obtain/maintain a Secret Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.