Lockheed Martin Specialty Engineering Manager in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to think big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, encouragement and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
This is an exciting leadership opportunity to work on the Fleet Ballistic Missile Program (FBM), a 65-year-old Program with a long-standing history of Mission Success and of a strong partnership with our Navy Customer!
As the new Systems Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the FBM missile specialty engineering group including E3, human factors and reliability engineers. The organization is a Systems Engineering group responsible for oversight, development, coordination, and evaluation of unreliability, EMI/EMC and human factors for the FBM D5, LE and future LE2 missiles and its associated support equipment.
In this multifaceted role your responsibilities will include oversight of:
- bi-annual deliver of the Missile Reliability Report for US and UK
- Probabilistic assessments of missile component unreliability
- EMI/EMC analysis in support of the FBM program
- Human factors analysis for D5, LE and LE2 missiles
ADDITIONAL LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Program What-ifs/New Programs Planning & ROMs Budgetary Estimates
- FBM Program/Project Proposals including Basis-Of-Estimate (BOE) generation
- Employee management and evaluation
The selected individual will be responsible for all technical and programmatic (cost, schedule, staffing) aspects of the activities listed above.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited college and/or equivalent job experience.
• Project lead experience to include: planning, proposals, budgets and/or schedules.
• Specialty engineering experience in E3, reliability, human factors or related disciples
• Secret clearance at start
• Ability and desire to obtain a TOP-SECRET clearance which requires US Citizenship.
• Excellent verbal, written communication, and social skills.
• Experience in a leadership position with formal roles and responsibilities.
• Experiences with direct customer, management, peer and subordinate interaction resulting in positive outcomes while representing the role and company are highly desirable.
• Experience generating Basis-Of Estimates (BOEs) and providing proposal support.
• Knowledgeable in missile technologies including, but not limited to, missile systems/sub-system architecture and design.
• Knowledge of the Trident II (D5) FBM Program
• Experience with Navy SSP customer and associated contractors
• Experience with government customer coordination and collaboration.
• Experience with Reliability engineering.
• Existing Top Secret Clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.