Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Junior Missile Subsystems Integration in Centennial, Colorado
Description: Support the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Program by joining the Missile Systems Engineering and Integration (MSEI) team. Our team manages all system level problem investigations and failure reviews for the Trident II ballistic missile (commonly known as the D5LE missile), the flight readiness for flight tests that occur multiple times a year, integration of missile upgrades and tests, and has fingers in every development project under the FBM Program. We have a system level view of the FBM ballistic missile integrating missile subsystems into the flight vehicle design. This team is where you’ll have the opportunity to learn the inner workings of the missile and be a part of the development, production and sustainment program life cycles all at the same time!
Responsibilities for this Systems Engineer also include missile system model development. This is an opportunity to become an early implementer of the system model tools on the FBM program, become familiar with SysML and UML modeling languages, and to help develop model-based tools for other program areas.
1. US Citizenship and ability to obtain/maintain a secret clearance
2. Knowledge in one or more missile subsystems (e.g., power, propulsion, structures, communications, etc.)
3. Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Electrical, mechanical or closely related field)
4. Ability to integrate across multiple engineering disciplines while driving technical issues to closure.
5. Good communication skills verbal and written.
1. Master's degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Electrical, mechanical or closely related field)
2. Test Failure Reviews and / or problem investigations is a plus
3. Flight vehicle production facility assembly and test operations is a plus
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.