Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
This is a systems engineering position in support of the Fleet Ballistic Missile D5 Life Extension 2 (LE2) program. This position requires the candidate to work with all members of the D5LE2 team, including customers and partners.
Travel will be required occasionally to the various team, customer, and partner locations.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Participates in the research, prototyping and testing of D5LE2 components.
• Participates in establishing missile architecture, models, and trade studies at missile, subsystem, and component level.
• Participates in the planning of the lifecycle of the D5LE2 program.
• Plans, directs, reviews and coordinates preparation of systems engineering products and documentation to ensure customer contract and company requirements are met.
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (e.g., Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Physics) or a closely related technical field
• Knowledge of systems engineering principles and processes including risk management, requirements development, design reviews, peer reviews, baseline control, integration, and verification. In addition, the candidate must have knowledge of configuration management processes.
• Demonstrated capability and possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills (written and verbally) to work effectively with other companies and cross functional teams.
• Demonstrated capability to participate in technical working groups that involve diverse team members and the customer.
• Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
• Knowledge of LMCO and LM Space structure, programs, and command media is highly desirable.
• FBM customer familiarity is also strongly preferred.
• Experience with model based systems engineering tools (e.g., DOORS, Cameo, Rhapsody, etc).
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Excel, Word, and Power Point.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently; demonstrated organizational and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated a “can-do”, inclusive attitude and adaptability to a dynamic environment; demonstrated inclusive behavior, remain open to ideas, and listen to ensure mutual understanding; demonstrated ability to share knowledge, best practices, and information freely among all team members and collaboratively develop solutions with team.
• Possess a DoD Secret security clearance or higher.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.