Integration Innovation, Inc. (i3) Mid-Level Test Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
- ### Job Description
i3 is seeking a mid-level Test Engineer to become a key member of the MDA ESO Digital Modeling and Simulation team. The qualified candidate will support the Integration, Test and Verification of the Missile Defense Agency’s digital modeling/simulation program. The candidate will be responsible for designing and developing the inputs, execution conditions, testing procedures, and expected results that define software testing objectives, such as exercising program paths and verifying compliance with ballistic missile defense (BMD) modeling and simulation digital program requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Designs and develops advanced test programs, processes, and systems to measure the functionality and integrity of products and services.
- Writes advanced complex test procedures and protocols to assess product reliability and evaluates the ability of products to meet performance standards and specifications.
- Monitors the gathering of test data and typically supervises the evaluation of test results to determine if product designs and architecture meets customer specifications and performance expectations.
- Supports the development of digital test simulations to evaluate how products react under different conditions and analyzes product failure to assess the integrity and reliability of product performance.
- Defines debug protocols for test hardware and software.
- Analyzes complex test cases, scenarios and data sets analysis software tools.
- Collaborates with other engineering groups to improve or upgrade product performance.
- Provide technical consultation to other organizations and program leadership
- Reporting activities include the generation and presentation of test analysis planning documentation, test readiness briefs, quick look reports and briefs, and detailed analysis reports and briefs.
- Establishes requirements for evaluation tools and processes, providing analytical support to the test planning process, and coordination of analytical results within the BMDS community.
- A Master of Science degree in Engineering, Physics or related technical discipline is required. (Additional direct experience may be considered in lieu of Master of Science degree.)
- Ten (10) or more years applicable progressively complex related experience.
- Candidate will work as part of a multi-contractor/government team and must be able to complete tasks with little direct supervision. Position requires the candidate possess DoD Secret clearance or higher in order to access classified information. Inability to maintain clearance will result in candidate being ineligible for this position.
- Experience performing verification against large sets of established goals and providing related reports at levels of detail appropriate for the intended audience.
- Capacity to quickly grasp complex technical information.
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and executing tests involving teams of engineers, analysts, and operators.
- Able to translate test objectives, test requirements, and test case descriptions into test plans and procedures that define software testing objectives.
- Able to work comfortably and effectively with team members within the same organization, including other DoD contractors and government leads, as well as teams and individuals from outside organizations.
- Familiarity with BMDS components, kill chain terminology, and tactical message formats.
- This position is located at Schriever AFB, CO. Some travel may be required.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO, Colorado Springs, CO 80913
Department: Cyber & Systems Engineering
Job Status: Full-Time
Job #: 20818