Lockheed Martin Satellite Systems Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a Satellite Systems Engineer , you will:
• Support the GPS satellite constellation sustainment, launch, on-orbit checkout and anomaly resolution.
• Acquire in-depth knowledge of the space vehicle and be responsible for the daily state of health and operability of the components
• Support each space vehicle's operations from factory integration and test until decommission
• Support all pre-launch readiness rehearsals, development of command products, and required testing
• Support documenting operational processes, product delivery, identifying requirements for and supporting execution of flight objectives
• Work off-shift hours as needed to respond to mission needs
• Act as Configuration Management Lead – assist and be trained in CDRLs, CM Library, CCBs, document control, etc.
Typically has 0 - 3 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
• Strong social skills including technical writing and presentations
• Competent in Standard Microsoft Office Products
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
• Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
• Experience with L&EOT execution of military satellites
• Coordinating with remote satellite operations sites
• Understanding of satellite fault management systems: response, root cause analysis, and resolution
• Ability to handle multiple system issues in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment, with demonstrated flexibility to adapt to constantly changing requirements and situations
• Experience in customer relations and interfaces
• Experience with CDRLs, CM libraries, CCBs and document control
• Familiarity with C++, UNIX, MATLAB, Satellite Tool Kit (STK), Satellite Control Language
• Strong presentation and time-management skills, with working knowledge of Windows OS, MS Office Suite, SharePoint
• Demonstrated basic understanding of systems thinking skills and behaviors
• Missile or space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or fields outside of Systems Engineering
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build solid relationships with team members
• Active Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College