Vertiv Customer Engineer in Denver, Colorado
Do you have a solid electronics understanding? Do you like hands-on work, troubleshooting, and servicing different clients every day? If so, this position may be a great fit for you!
The Electronic Field Service Engineer is responsible for the installation, preventive maintenance, scheduled and emergency services on Vertiv (Liebert) Manufactured Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) products serviced by Vertiv. This position services customers in the Denver, CO area. Candidates must live or be willing to relocate themselves within 40 miles of Denver, CO to be considered for this role. A company vehicle, laptop, smartphone, and tools will be provided. Benefits provided include: health insurance, prescription plans, dental, vacation, paid holidays, 401K and Profit Sharing. We provide an excellent training program for new hires and excellent professional growth opportunity.
Render technical on-site and phone assistance to customers
Perform general and preventive maintenance on Uninterruptable Power Supply systems
Respond to emergency calls at customer’s request
Strive to provide all customers a 'first time fix' for their equipment
Provide accurate and timely communication to internal and external customers
Keep current on Safety Field Change Notices and Service Tips
Provide accurate and timely reporting of time cards, expense reports, etc.
While performing duties of the above jobs, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or other components; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The associate frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have ability to regularly lift at least 50 pounds. Valid driver’s license is required.
· Associates Degree in Electronics or Military Electronics Training a plus
· 4 years of hands on electronic experience
· Prior field service experience preferred
· 3 phase/480v experience preferred
· Familiarity with electrical/electronic test equipment and fundamentals
· Ability to read and interpret electrical line diagrams and blueprints
· Working knowledge of OHM's law and electronic theory
· Ability to evaluate the operating conditions of equipment
· Standard computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
· Mechanical aptitude
· Clear, concise, written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of internal and external customers
· Must have the ability and self motivation to manage one's own schedule
Title: Customer Engineer
Requisition ID: 1800002579