Kiewit Corporation Design Build Manager - Western United States in Denver, Colorado
Design Build Manager - Western United States
Date: Jan 3, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 77925
Clients turn to Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers (KIE) during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams, improve scheduling, control costs, and minimize risk. We call it Construction-Driven Engineering. Our team performs and manages the design on infrastructure projects of all sizes throughout the company. Our staff collaborates with and leads design and construction teams to ensure safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
We have many opportunities across Canada and the United States for the right candidates in the fast-track design-build infrastructure industry. Working hard with us will bring you satisfaction from a job well done, and will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. We offer top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities.
Kiewit is a proud user of the InEight suite of project management tools (InEight.com) and is a founding member of the Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA.org).
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers (KIE) is seeking a Design-Build Manager to manage design on design-build infrastructure pursuits, and projects. Design-Build infrastructure projects include transportation, transit, technical bridge, hydro-electric, and water/waste water projects. The Design-Build Manager will be responsible for administering, assisting and managing design to meet project financial, schedule, and construction objectives, consistent with KIE Standard Operating Procedures.
• Overall management of the project design-build team
• Facilitates effective communication between design and construction
• Plans and coordinates the activities of the design-build process with all stakeholders
• Resolves conflicts that arise through partnering with designers, clients, and contractors
• Has a detailed understanding of all contractual obligations for the project to ensure design requirements of the contract are met
• Plans construction operations and analyzes project scheduling
• Supports construction priorities and ensure their implementation through the design
• Promotes design-build best practices, including constructability reviews, schedule and quantity management
• Monitors and tracks the design schedule and design budget
• Connects appropriate Kiewit Engineering support resources to projects
• Manages and interprets data and results for multiple projects
• Owns the proposal design estimate and Engineering Contracts for his/her project
• Identifies current and future risks
• Provide support to other areas as required
• 11+ years' experience with focus on Design-Build Management
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering degree
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Ability to travel as business requires (50-75%)
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Manager, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Project Engineer, Engineering, Management