Kiewit Corporation Early Career Structural Designer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in Denver, Colorado
Early Career Structural Designer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Date: Oct 23, 2018
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 77165
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is seeking an Early Career Structural Designer for
Construction Engineering Services (CES) in the KIE Denver, Colorado office. Looking for the ideal candidate to perform a variety of design and CAD production tasks related to temporary structures supporting
construction. The Structural Designer should have at least 0-4 years’ experience in engineering plan
production, be familiar with current technical tools/programs/software, and CAD production practices.
Our Construction Engineering Services (CES) group provides value to the success of our clients’ projects by designing and building temporary works. Additionally, CES provides on-site engineering and coordination support for critical projects to help build Kiewit projects safety, on-time, and within budget.
The engineering design tasks our Construction Engineering Services group performs to help Kiewit build projects include: Access for personnel and equipment, cofferdams, crane barges, critical crane lifts, custom equipment, fabrics structures, fall protection systems, falsework/formwork, hoisting and jacking systems, staged construction analysis, rebar cages support, temporary bridges, trestles, work platforms, gangways, tower cranes, and custom tools.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Primarily focused on designing temporary structures (steel, wood, concrete, manufactured items, etc.) for the aid in construction activities for Kiewit projects
• Work with our engineering teams in developing preliminary and final design plans and details
• Detailing of structural connections
• Participate in design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations
• Use AutoCAD 3D and other modeling software
• Producing documents with MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Follow company’s CAD Standards and work with DOT Standards, when applicable
• 0 to 4 years’ experience in CAD production of structural designs
• Associate Degree, preferred
• General knowledge of engineering principles and materials for structural work
• Read and understand construction documents
• Proficiency in AutoCAD
• Basic skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
• Basic to advanced knowledge of 3D modeling a plus
• The ability to clearly communicate and collaborate with Engineers and Designers
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan and conceptualize
• Capable of recognizing conflicts and discrepancies with strong attention to detail
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Drafting, Geology, Transportation, Engineering