Comcast Engineer 4, Prodt Dev Engineering in Denver, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for providing system architectures and solutions to bring to
market new innovative products which span web service offerings. Leads
engineering functions as they relate to the planning, design,
integration, test, deployment and support of products. Assists with
testing and operational activities. Integrates knowledge of business and
functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and
crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Partners with engineering project manager to provide consultative
direction and develops long term objectives and plans to determine
resources, technology and course of action to achieve results.
- Works with other members of cross-functional teams, joint ventures,
third party vendors and Company's Product Managers and Marketing teams
to deliver quality products, in a timely fashion, that meet defined
requirements. Establishes and maintains working relationships within
NE&TO, Product Development teams, joint ventures, vendors and
- Participates in Company product lifecycle process. Contributes to
and/or creates product and technical requirements, detailed design
documents including transaction, capacity and bandwidth models, systems
definitions, and operational procedures as part of this process.
- Understands key business drivers and applies the knowledge of
internal/external business issues to improve products and services.
- Anticipates and interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and
- Ensures that projects are properly accepted into the engineering team,
worked on in a timely and efficient manner and smoothly transitioned
into Quality Assurance and Operations teams.
- Interprets internal/external business issues and recommends complete
solutions based on best practices and proven technologies.
- Solves complex problems. Takes a broad perspective to identify
- Provides guidance for the performance and reliability of various
cross-platform applications and services. Ensures that system failures
are restored in a timely manner.
- Participates in the review of failures and provides feedback to
prevent future occurrences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace employer.