Frontier Airlines Engineer, Technical Support in Denver, Colorado
The Technical Support Engineer is the primary Engineering department contact for afterhours Engineering support, such as for AOG related issues, repair requests and support drawings.
- Primary Engineering contact for the Maintenance organization outside of normal business hours.
- Quickly and effectively provide information and instructions to resolve Maintenance issues within a high-pressure environment.
- Troubleshoot and develop Engineering Authorizations for deferred or chronic issues, as well as for repairs to AOG or AOG imminent aircraft.
- Interpret drawings, technical data, and Title 14 CFRs as applicable for repairs and modifications.
- Respond to requests for technical information and engineering data from the maintenance organization.
- Coordinate and liaise with aircraft and component manufacturers to obtain technical data and required approvals for engineering assignments.
- Prepare technical data, procedures, reports, drawings, manuals, and other required publications.
- Review Engineering Assistance Requests (EAR), Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives, Service Letters and create engineering projects as required by those documents.
- Ensure Service Bulletins are entered into the Company FMIS (TRAX) and kept up to date.
- Remain cognizant of Title 14 CFR changes, modifications, configuration changes, and maintenance program requirements.
- Suggest improvements to aircraft systems, methods and procedures, and participate in reliability improvement and cost reduction programs.
- Gather data for technical manuals, drawings, inspect aircraft, pursuant to obtaining FAA approval for aircraft modification and repair as directed.
- Remain familiar with the GMM and other company manuals.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; minimum Associate’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Aviation Technology or a related field required; combination of relevant education and experience considered in lieu of degree
- Valid FAA Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant (A&P;) rating may be accepted in lieu of degree, with equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a 121 airline department or comparable maintenance experience
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: *
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to make sound decisions quickly
- Knowledge of Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations
- General understanding of time controlled parts, reliability programs, FARs, manufacturers’ documentation to include but not limited to: maintenance manuals, IPCs, troubleshooting manuals, wiring diagrams, aircraft drawings and CMMs, SBs, STCs, Ads and PMA parts
- Excellent communication skills
- Moderate level of computer and technical writing skills
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as required by management or for project completion
*Disclaimer: *The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in this position. This position description is subject to change by the Company as the needs and requirements of the position change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
Requisition Number: 18-0267
Post Date: 9/13/2018
Title: Engineer, Technical Support