Haynes Mechanical Systems Inc Lead Building Engineer - Boulder in Denver, Colorado
Responsible to ensure the efficient operation and maintenance of building systems such as mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and additional systems for the assigned property(s) in the Boulder, CO area. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) maintaining a clean and safe working environment, performing rounds, conducting routine assessments, performance of day-to-day preventive and corrective maintenance, painting, and housekeeping for assigned properties. Maintain proper tenant relations through prompt and courteous response tenant/management requests within the established and understood Haynes policies, procedures and guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform plumbing, electrical, or HVAC requirements of the building(s) in accordance with contracted service providers
- Monitor and adjust all mechanical/pneumatic equipment, steam stations, control gauges, distributor panels, valves, thermostats, diffusers, and other equipment necessary to provide a comfortable environment for the buildings
- Verify field conditions and perform any necessary repairs or adjustments
- Monitor Energy Management
- Repair doors, ceilings, hand railings, and floors and other general repairs, adjustments and installations about the property
- Perform repairs to plumbing fixtures (water closets, urinals, flush valve assemblies, lavatories, etc.)
- Inspect electric rooms, back-up generator(s), fire pump(s), sump pump(s), and ejector pumps
- Replace lamps, light fixtures, reinstall or replace signage, verify rooms are clean and clear of obstructions and debris
- Check for properly operating emergency exit signs and lights and ensure free and clear access to emergency stairs and exits
- Perform additional fire and life safety inspections as per NFPA and local jurisdiction, Haynes standards, building protocol and as directed by superiors and property management
- Document and report activities to supervisor
- Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives as relates to building operations and practice safe work habits
- Complete all required Haynes Safety Training as scheduled annually
- Comply with Haynes and customer uniform dress code while working and maintain a neat and clean appearance while on the property and at times other than working hours
- Keep updated on current technical knowledge regarding equipment systems and concept
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in building operations, engineering and equipment and systems maintenance
- Understand use of proper tools and supplies for maintenance
- Must possess a valid driver's license and currently maintain a safe driving record as required by the company's insurance provider.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Holds or is willing to obtain within six months the EPA CFC Universal Certification Technician certificate.
- Must be willing to be on call and work additional hours as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for a period of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for Haynes. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.
Haynes provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Haynes is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Keyword: Service Technician
From: Haynes Mechanical Systems Inc