General Electric Lead Engineer - Systems Engineering in Denver, Colorado
Lead Engineer will be responsible for conducting GE Transportation’s Digital solution system (DS) commercial support, project execution, analysis and simulation to validate performance and help continuously improve key performance indicators (KPIs), across multiple customers.
• Work closely with local commercial team to identify customer requirement and convert it to engineering system requirement.
• Execute the DS projects from installation, commissioning, pilot and validation test.
• Perform technical analysis in support of product deployment and performance to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Understand DS application currently deployed with railroad customers, and conduct research and development to improve KPIs (key performance indictors), such as availability, utilization, fuel efficiency, train handling and cycle time.
• Work closely with system, Design and Project Engineering to influence change in the Digital solution system design to its overall performance.
• Identify opportunities to expand the product performance in ways that bring value to our customer and satisfy our profitability requirements.
• Perform lab test&filed data analysis to help system trouble shooting.
• Participate in the Digital solution product development plan.
• Bachelor of Science degree in engineering from an accredited university or college.
• At least 3 additional years of experience in research & development in engineering product development with focus in control systems, optimization or railway systems.
• Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.
• Good bi-lingual (Chinese & English) written and verbal communication skills.
• Master's degree in Engineering with emphasis in control systems, optimization, or Electrical systems.
• Knowledge in Locomotive Systems and Railroad Operating Practices
• Experience in Data Analytics
• Six Sigma Certification
• Strong design, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers
• Railroad Industry experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Proficiency with MATLAB
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: China; BeiJing, ShangHai; Beijing; Shanghai
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.