General Electric Manufacturing Process Automation Lead Engineer in Denver, Colorado
Critical to GE Life Sciences' ability to successfully introduce new products to the market, in this role you will be a subject matter expert on Process Development and Automation that leads to introduction of New Products. Provide input on resource requirements, manufacturing risks, and equipment required to achieve New Product Introduction (NPI) Project Goals; ensure clarity on scope and deliverables for Automation Projects; and provide technical leadership for the production team.
•Lead Process Automation Projects to mass produce parts used in Healthcare/ Bio-Pharma industry.
•Take overall responsibility to define, develop, and execute the overall scope of Automated Capital Equipment.
•Guide Suppliers, Process Engineers, & Project Managers on technical risks and mitigation plans
•Aggressively initiate new processes and methods that will improve safety, reduce product cost and/or improve product quality.
•Seek early understanding of Standard Product Cost, EHS risks, Regulatory Risks, and training needs; plan activities to address these needs in timely manner.
•Highlight Supply Chain Risks related to Safety, Cost, Lead Time, Business Continuity and Regulatory Compliance to Project Management and Leadership Team. Follow through on Risk Mitigation Activities and provide status updates in Program Reviews.
•Lead Design for Manufacturability (DFM) initiatives by preparing Process Flow Charts, Product Risk Maps, and pFMEA to identify opportunity to reduce cycle time, improve quality, and prevent EHS Issues; driving LEAN manufacturing implementation
•Ensure sound Project Administration through resource plans, meetings minutes and actions -decisions log, and Project Archives
•Design and develop new processes to support both short and long term business plans with productivity, capacity and quality improvements
•Lead Compliance, as well as Environmental, Health & Safety efforts in support of plant goals
•Provide safe processes that comply with all local and federal regulations.
•Assure that corrective action is taken to resolve observed safety concerns in all areas
1) B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, or related technical degree and 5 years’ experience or Associates Degree and 7 years’ experience in
2) Demonstrated ability to design industrial automation electrical hardware systems following industry standards (NFPA, CE Marking) for high volume production
3) Experience at developing, supporting and troubleshooting programmable logic controller programs and software
4) Experience with one of the following platforms: DeltaV, Allen Bradley PLC, Wonderware ArchestrA
5) Previous experience in Qualification of Equipment in accordance to EMS Standard; this includes preparing and execution of qualification documentation including Equipment Requirement Specification (ERS), Installation Qualification, Operational, Process Qualifications (IQ/OQ/ PQ), Factory Acceptance Test (FAT), Site Acceptance Test(SAT), protocols & reports, etc.
6) Experience authoring and reviewing standard operating procedures, on-the-job-trainings, and other controlled documents.
7) Experience with industrial automation human machine interface design
1) Demonstrated capability to excel in a Cross-Functional Team Environment
2) Demonstrated ability to identify & implement best practices
3) Demonstrated ability to perform with high levels of ambiguity and complexity
4) Experience with industrial automation and ergonomic design
5) Previous Project Leadership Experience
Healthcare Life Sciences There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island; Westborough
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.