Warren Rupp, Inc. Manufacturing Process Engineer- Process Technology & Automation in Denver, Colorado
Location: 4799 Dahlia St. Denver, Colorado, 80216 United States
BAND-IT® is the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of engineered fastening solutions. BAND-IT® clamps have been designed and manufactured to attach, clamp, manage cable, identify and insulate for applications worldwide. Paired with the patented tool systems to speed installation and ensure consistent tension for a complete fastening solution. BAND-IT® products deliver the robust performance and durability essential to harsh duty, mission-critical applications and can be found in rockets, rovers, and satellites in outer space, vehicle airbags and shipyards, and all the way to the bottom of the ocean.
As BAND-IT’s Process Technology Engineer you will help lead capital and improvement projects including the design and build of next generation automated manufacturing equipment and systems. You will also address obsolescence risks across existing equipment and feed critical inputs to our overall asset planning / refresh roadmap. Your technical knowledge and ingenuity will be crucial in delivering new process technology and solutions to BAND-IT’s businesses with safety as #1 priority.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assess current state of manufacturing equipment and systems and drive future state vision of standardized manufacturing controls hardware and software
- Lead, qualify, and implement automated equipment design projects focused on improving compliance with industry best practices for machine safety & ergonomics as well as efficiency / product yields.
- Identify and assess key external partners (equipment and systems suppliers) that will be engaged in our long term factory modernization transformation
- Partner with both internal IT and external suppliers to understand and build a standard machine network / SCADA system capable of retention of key machine event and process data. Functionally spec new manufacturing equipment that is able to capture machine level data efficiently and long term is capable of scaling to share data across product / process life cycle / MES platform
- Partner with internal technical teams (product eng, process eng. & maintenance) to develop machine preliminary designs & functional specifications, ensuring full compliance with current safety regulations & machine safety standards (OSHA 29 CRF 1910 / ANSI B11 / safety)
- Lead safety risk assessment / PHA activities with both internal and external teams for new equipment or design changes / improvements
- Project Management: drive aggressive medium range CapEx project timelines with internal stakeholders as well as external suppliers to meet key milestones & Objectives for new equipment onboarding
- Lead / Develop BAND-IT’s standardized best practices and requirements for machine commissioning and startup (IQ, OQ, PQ methodologies)
- Lead process development and optimization of new production equipment and machines
- Participate in Lean / Kaizen events
- Role model procedure compliance and data driven decisions across the manufacturing plant
- Demonstrated knowledge of machine mechanical / electrical / controls systems design & layout in CAD
- Demonstrated track record in technical leadership, setting technical direction and leading technical scope development
- Knowledge of Cognex / Keyence optical metrology equipment and systems a plus
- Demonstrated technical data analysis including SPC, DOE and other visual data formats
- Lean certification a plus
- Off-shift / on call required as needed for machine commissioning or process development activities
- Minimum of BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Electronic / Controls Engineering, Physics or related field from an ABET accredited college or university
- Minimum of 10 years in manufacturing automation & Capital Equipment commissioning & Start-up experience
- Direct experience working on high volume productions lines (>300,000 units per day)
- Expected to be proficient in process control fundamentals including servo driven motors, vision technology and system integration via Rockwell RSLogix 5000 and FactoryTalk SE & ME editions)
Measurements of Performance:
- Achieve aggressive target improvements in Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost
- Productivity / cost savings related to machine downtime targets
IDEX (NYSE: IEX) is a company that has undoubtedly touched your life in some way. In fact, we make thousands of products that are mission critical components in everyday activities. If you or a family member is battling cancer or another life-threatening disease, your doctor may have tested your DNA in a quest to find the best targeted medicine for you. It’s likely your DNA test was run on equipment that contains components made by our IDEX Health & Science team. You can enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables thanks in part to Banjo, an IDEX company. Banjo valves are used on the agriculture sprayers that apply fertilizer on crops. And if you were ever in a car accident, the Hurst Jaws of Life®/LUKAS® tool may have rescued you.
Founded in 1988 with three small, entrepreneurial manufacturing companies, we’re proud to say that we now call 40 diverse businesses around the world part of the IDEX family. With 7,000 employees and manufacturing operations in more than 20 countries, IDEX is a high-performing, global $2+ billion company committed to making trusted solutions that improve lives. For more information, visit www.idexcorp.com.
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Title: Manufacturing Process Engineer- Process Technology & Automation
Business Unit: Band-It