Warren Rupp, Inc. Project Engineer in Denver, Colorado
Location: 4799 Dahlia St. Denver, Colorado, 80216 United States
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES*_:_*
The Project Engineer works, within the engineering department, as project manager on advanced design projects and new product development. Responsible for leadership across multiple cross-functional departments of basic and advanced projects related to new products and existing product improvements.
REPORTING TO*:*Product Engineering Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and coordinates engineering projects and programs to ensure that project staff and cross-functional teams complete assigned project requirements on time.
- Lead teams to develop new products from concept to launch, including (but not limited to) mechanical hand tools, stampings and industrial automation.
- Defines scope of work and accurately estimates required effort and time.
- Performs technical studies, preparation of specifications, and technical plans.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications.
- Actively researches new technology for design projects.
- Acts as the technical lead regarding feasibility of design and support to sales.
- Coordinates the integration of technical activities and products.
- Maintains accurate files in accordance with applicable company processes and IATF/ISO standards.
- Looks for ways to improve processes associated with assigned tasks.
- Works with the Manager and/or Patent Attorney to determine patent feasibility and provide necessary documentation.
- Participates in the continuous improvement process by presenting problems and possible solutions to the appropriate personnel.
- May support design engineers by using SolidWorks for designs and drawings, calculating forces, motions and strengths of components, writing test plans, setting up and completing testing, and analyzing results,
- Completes all other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIRED ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Great organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Goodmechanical understanding is needed.
- Electrical background (automation, familiarity with industrial controllers and controller programming) is a strong plus.
- Expertly balance work between multiple projects.
- The ability to visualize problems and solutions.
- The ability to work with and gather data, statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of Project Management software and MS Office software.
- Experience with SolidWorks and EPDM on a network environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
3+ Years of Project Engineering Experience.
Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
The physical, mental/visual and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires use of hands and arms at least 90% of the time.
- Majority of the time is spent sitting.
- Lifting requirements are generally less than 10 lbs. Manual lifting could reach the company maximum of 50 lbs.
- Climate-controlled office environment.
- The employee will occasionally visit customer site for troubleshooting design.
- Noise exposure is moderate.
- Close vision and the ability to adjust focus are required to perform the job functions.
- Peripheral vision is required for safety.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
Problem solving: The individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Interpersonal Skills: The individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
Relationships with Others: The individual works effectively and relates well with others Including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.
Communication and Contact: The individual communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The individual uses effective communication for interface with customers, in a professional manner.
Planning/organizing: The individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
Quality control: The individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
Adaptability: The individual adapts to changes in the work environment, rotate into other positions as required, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Dependability: The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Safety and security: The individual actively promotes and personally observes all safety procedures.* *The individual complies with Environmental, Safety, and Hazardous Communications requirements.
IDEX Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity
*Attention Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternate way for you to apply. *
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Title: Project Engineer
Business Unit: Band-It