Sunrun PV System Designer in Denver, Colorado
Title: PV System Designer
Who We Are:
If change means solving one of the biggest challenges of our time by reinventing the way people power their homes, then we say bring it on. It doesn’t hurt that we’re reducing carbon emissions, adding new jobs to the economy, and having fun while doing it.
In 2007, Sunrun co-Founders Ed Fenster and Lynn Jurich set out to make home solar mainstream. Upfront cost was a huge barrier to home solar adoption, so they invented the model now known as "solar service." Sunrun allows homeowners to pay for solar power, not the panels. This means Sunrun owns, maintains, and monitors the system while homeowners pay for the electricity it produces.
Each business day, we install $2 million worth of solar and facilitate one solar installation every 10 minutes. Our network of more than 30 leading solar installers employs more than 3,000 people.
Sunrun Installation Services Inc., a subsidiary of Sunrun Inc., is looking for a PV System Designer.
•Create, review and modify drawing sets in AutoCAD and custom software tools.
•Complete electrical and structural designs for photovoltaic projects.
•Research, document and comply with local and national code requirements in project jurisdictions.
•Coordinate with Site Assessors, Project Management, and Sales teams to complete designs meeting the customers’ expectations with strict deadlines
• Create project bills of material
• Assist in documenting and developing industry best practices, standards and guidelines;
• Delegate project completion tasks to other engineering team members;
• Utilize software systems to record progress of various tasks;
• Demonstrate ethics and professionalism at all times.
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering related field required
OR Bachelor’s degree in non-engineering field and 1 year of solar industry experience required
• OR Associate’s degree in design related field and 1 year of solar design (or 2 years of solar industry) experience required
• OR NABCEP (PV Installation Professional) certification and 2 years of solar industry experience required
• Basic knowledge of the National Electric Code preferred
• Basic knowledge of residential construction techniques is a plus
• Proficiency in AutoCAD preferred
• Critical thinking and ability to solve problems
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That’s why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women’s Network, Sunrun’s Veterans Network (“Liberty”), Women in Tech, and Sunrun’s LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Quick Apply Mobile Apply
Send or Refer This Job
Oops! The Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on social media
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Category Design Engineering
Requisition ID 2019-12515
Position Type (Portal Searching) Regular Full-Time
Additional Locations US-CO-Denver