Frontier Airlines Spring Intern, Maintenance Technical Ops in Denver, Colorado
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 80 destinations in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 300 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2016 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
The Mtce Tech Ops Intern will collaborate with Maintenance and Technical Operations department leadership and working team members on various projects related to aircraft maintenance, engineering, material supply and vendor management. Projects will have high visibility by senior management and will have large, positive impacts on the organization.
- Champion company’s low cost philosophy within the organization.
- Build financial and operational models to quantify opportunities for improving overall efficiency and profitability.
- Create and utilize data-driven tools to guide management decisions.
- Develop key indicators to assess organizational performance.
- Serve as an internal consultant for Maintenance & Technical Operations organization.
- Prepare performance analyses and benchmarking.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university
- Preference given to candidates that have completed at least two (2) years of undergraduate-level coursework or to those enrolled in a graduate program
- Relevant coursework includes: engineering, process improvement, supply chain, finance, economics, mathematics, or other quantitative disciplines
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigration Act of 1986
- Experience using Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint; other computer skills beneficial
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of airline operations and maintenance requirements in addition to basic economic, financial and accounting principles
- Ability to use mathematical techniques to solve problems and analyze data
- Must be able to function well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently and take initiative on projects that may not be fully defined
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
Posted: January 11, 2019