Kiewit Corporation Virtual Design and Construction Modeler & Coordinator in Denver, Colorado
Virtual Design and Construction Modeler & Coordinator
Date: Feb 17, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 77202
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is seeking a VDC Modeler &Coordinator who will assist the group’s efforts on providing active projects technical and procedural assistance. This role will focus on establishing & training procedures for project teams to take 3D design information from design processes to construction processes. The Coordinator will have the ability to up skill and train the project teams to efficiently utilize tools like MicroStation, AutoCad and Trimble Business Center. This role is expected to assist the project teams with implementing the procedures and check points listed in the duties and responsibilities below.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work with project teams to establish a good working relationship & understand the project, assist with organizing and implementing procedures to collect all data necessary to properly plan and build the work.
• Work with designers and the project team to make sure there is a clear understanding of the contract requirements for maintaining survey information during the design and construction phases. This includes incorporating existing conditions, early construction data collection, how all site changes, and as-built information are recorded through the life of the project for proper turnover at completion.
• Ensure the project is following contract requirements and has established primary control accurately. This may require using a Subcontractor who is a licensed land surveyor in the state in which the work is preformed, with a proven track record of experience on Kiewit projects. This role may be asked to facilitate/implement information exchanges between Kiewit and the Subcontractor
• This role may assist or advise the job team in the acquisition of all survey / machine control equipment along with the latest updates and proper communications setup. This will require the role to understand how to choose the most productive cost effective solutions utilizing best practices, current technologies, and solid vendor relations.
• This role will need to understand design and construction concepts related to:
• Geometry - CL, vertical profiles
• Surfaces – Boundaries, triangulation, break lines, feature naming, styles
• Corridors and cross sections in both MicroStation, Civil 3D and Trimble Business Center
• Work with the teams to maximize usefulness of the design intent model for use with survey layout, machine control and work planning use cases. This will include assisting the designers with development and release of the design intent model for proper use in the construction use cases needed by each project team.
• Work with project team and internal KIE resources to implement a sound plan for file storage, data management, and document workflows related to work planning and survey use cases.
• Virtual Design Experience with Construction industry
• Degree in Engineering, Drafting, Geomatics, Survey or Construction Management
• Willing to travel up to 75% of the time
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Strong Software knowledge of Autodesk, MircroStation and Trimble Business Center (min. of 5 years)
• Experience with working in a team setting
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
• Ability to travel/TDY assignments and/or relocate based on business needs
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Consulting, Geology, Transportation, Engineering, Technology