Kiewit Corporation Design Build Foundations Estimator- Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering in Englewood, Colorado
Requisition ID: 112019
Job Level: Mid Level
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) District is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects. KIE has an immediate opening for a Design-Build Foundations Estimator in our growing Design-Build Delivery group. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design-Build Estimating Department, which includes management of all pursuit engineering efforts and estimating for the following disciplines: structural, geotechnical/foundations, civil, drainage, roadway, MOT, rail, and materials.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design Build Management team are driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support.
Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of our Englewood, CO office (South Denver area).
• Develop complete foundation estimates for large, complex jobs.
• Supervise estimators in the preparation of check estimates for other work, review estimates prepared by other estimating groups or JV partners to determine completeness of data used, procedures, and aid in resolving differences in bid items.
• Review owner plans and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project; develop plan for the actual construction to serve as basis for the estimate.
• Reviews all bid and contract documents and home office legal department opinions.
• Conduct site investigation prior to forming a plan of operations to identify any problems or conditions of an unusual nature that may be present.
• Utilize engineer techniques and procedures to conduct investigation and adhere to standard company policy and procedures.
• Stay abreast of trends and developments, such as new equipment, methods and procedures that are developing in the industry.
• Consult with owners on various problems discovered during bid preparation, design, rates, schedules, etc.
• Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related degree preferred.
• 7+ years of construction experience with at least 2 years of experience in estimating on infrastructure projects.
• Experience with estimating and delivery of design-build projects.
• Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience with highway, heavy civil, and/or concrete structures with a focus on Foundation/Ground Improvement solutions.
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling, cost control, specifications, and engineering drawings.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Experience with InEight Estimate (HardDollar) preferred.
• Experience with CADD and 3D Modeling software preferred.
• Exceptionally strong attention to detail, oral and written communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Possess strong analytical/mathematical and computer skills.
• Must be able to meet deadlines.
• Candidates must possess a strong work ethic.
• Work independently as well as part of a team.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and techniques, construction safety and current Federal & OSHA Requirements.
• Must be willing to travel as the job requires.
Base Compensation: $85,000 - $110,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.