Kiewit Corporation Drainage Engineer- Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in Englewood, Colorado
Requisition ID: 106679
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Our Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Company (KIE) is a multi-faceted and leading edge division of the company that offers a variety of innovative services, including, temporary and permanent design services for current projects and new pursuits in the United States and Canada. Our design services group has offices in Colorado, Nebraska and Washington State, as well as Toronto, Canada offering expertise in structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway and materials disciplines.
KIE's key specialties include: design engineering, contract review, technical support, personnel training, design considerations, change orders, scheduling, job cost projections, and constructability and method analysis. KIE serves Kiewit districts, joint venture partners, and engineers by supporting management and supervision at all levels. From the home office or on the job site, our integrated services support Kiewit pre-bid, post-bid and through project completion.
KIE has an immediate opening for a dynamic Drainage Engineer in our growing Water Resources / Drainage Group based in Englewood, CO. The Drainage Engineer will work on an interdisciplinary team including geotechnical engineers, structural engineers, roadway engineers, estimators, schedulers and construction experts to perform engineering analysis and design in support of design-build pursuits and ongoing projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering Group’s Design Build Management team are driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support.
Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
The candidate will be part of teams responsible for completing engineering assignments in support of heavy civil construction for Kiewit Construction Companies’ business including drainage design, detailed hydrologic and hydraulic analysis (using various models and methods), and preparation of design plans, reports and technical memoranda. This will require a broad understanding from a national perspective of the following:
• Single-event and continuous rainfall modeling
• Watershed analysis, hydrograph and peak discharge development and routing
• Software experience includes: HEC1, HEC-HMS, SWMM/XP-SWMM, TR-55, SBUH and HSPF Method programs
• Pavement drainage, culverts, storm systems, pump stations, pressure pipe, bridge sizing and scour, sediment transport, revetment design, and coastal considerations for highway drainage
• Understanding of the various FHWA hydraulic engineering circulars and design series
• Flood analysis and knowledge of the NFIP including CLOMR and LOMRs
• Stormwater quantity / quality calculations, NPDES compliance and erosion control requirements
• Software experience includes: HY-8, Culvert Master, HEC-RAS, HEC-GEORAS, Storm CAD, Civil Storm, Pond Pack, Flow Master, 2D experience helpful such as SRH-2D
• Drainage Design
• Development of drainage plans, profiles, specifications and estimates for transportation and other water resources projects. This includes developing terrain and other design components via models such as Inroads, Arc-GIS and other pre and post processing software packages.
• Software experience includes: Micro Station, AutoCAD, Arc-GIS, Geopak and Inroads or similar 3D storm water modeling preferred.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
• BS or MS in Civil Engineering
• 0-4 years post-graduate experience.
• Design experience or Design-Build project experience preferred
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization and support project efforts.
• The candidate will possess strong project management skills including: scope development, schedule management and earned value management.
• The candidate will lead plan production, specifications, estimate and drainage design development for final design projects.
• Must have FE/EIT
• This position requires travel to project offices and work sites. Ability to travel 25% of the time.
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.