Comcast Eng 3, Engineering Ops in Englewood, Colorado
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Responsible for contributing in one or more areas of expertise in collaboration with various cross-functional project teams. Exercises in-depth knowledge of engineering skills and methodology. Applies long-term objectives and plans related to the company's technical vision to daily activity. Applies innovative solutions for engineering developmental problems that are competitive with industry and company standards with little direction. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Creates system architecture, design, and specification within engineering projects and initiatives. Uses in-depth engineering skills and knowledge to solve difficult development problems and achieve engineering goals.
- Strives to achieve Company business objectives and engineering objectives in daily activity.
- Documents results of applied work processes and practical application of technical standards. Reports results to management. Recommends innovative solutions.
- Utilizes resources to solve moderate development problems and recommends new resources to management.
- Sets the tone and pace for work performance within project groups and impressionable Engineering staff.
- Provide technical support to applications currently in production.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Mentors Jr level engineers and leads individuals through project participation, technical document creation, training and day-to-day technical support.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Experience with Window/Linux Server build, configuration and administration
- Working knowledge of Big Data/Analytics (i.e. Elkstack, Splunk, Grafana)
- Experience with file based workflows
- Experience as hands-on engineer in a Production environment
- Experience with VMWare
- Strong understanding of user and system support, infrastructure devices, video/audio QC
- Working knowledge and understanding of Network Infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Programming Languages (i.e. Java, Ruby, Python, Visual Basic, C, C , HTML etc)
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer